1. Submit information for a Plan Design Study to McHenry Advisers
2. McHenry Advisers prepares and provides Plan Design Study
3. Review Plan Design study with McHenry Advisers
4. Review Plan Design study with plan sponsor
5. Submit information to McHenry Advisers to draft the Cash Balance Plan document.
d. Sign and Date authorization on bottom of desired plan design illustration
c. Sign and Date Actuarial Services Agreement
b. Complete Employer Name and Initial Plan Year on Fee Schedule
a. Complete Plan Sponsor Information Request Form
6. McHenry Advisers, Inc. will prepare and forward Cash Balance Plan Document
7. Sign new Plan Document to create Cash Balance Plan.
8. If including whole life insurance, begin underwriting process
9. Determine appropriate investment allocation for Cash Balance Plan assets
10. Open investment account and begin funding Cash Balance Plan
based upon plan design study.
To streamline annual administration process, please set upMcHenry Advisers, Inc.
to either receive duplicate account statements or have electronic access to view
plan investment balances and activity (preferred).
Process for Setting Up a Cash Balance Plan
Schedule a time to talk with an Actuary: